Author Archives: potatoit

CFT Agent

I’ve been pinged on several occasions to help out with issues with the Cloud File Transfer Agent (CFT Agent) over the last six months so I thought I’d pen an article around the CFT Agent, troubleshooting, observations and I’ll throw … Continue reading

Posted in M3CE, Troubleshooting | Leave a comment

Business Engine Configuration Data – and CRS021 – Sorting Options

  How many of you have been stuck in that situation where you have to manage exported CMS005, CMS010, CMS015 configurations and you’ve struck that situation where you get a failure on the import of your configuration file?

Posted in Development, IONAPI, M3CE, powertools | Leave a comment

MNS209 – Getting Data From IDM

When I first started working with M3CE it was still under controlled availability and there were a few irritations that myself and other consultants were having around printouts, especially given we were working with configurable XML and there were some … Continue reading

Posted in IONAPI, M3CE, Troubleshooting | Leave a comment

Send BOD to IMS

This is probably the longest time that I’ve had a post that I’ve started (in July) but haven’t finished…but it looks like we’ve finally made it 🙂 Over the last 18 months there have been several times when I’ve wanted … Continue reading

Posted in Development, ION, IONAPI, M3CE, Misc | 1 Comment

EVS100 – Loading Data in to M3

For those of us that used to use MDIWS or other such tools, you’ll know that as of November 2020 certificate based authentication to the M3BE APIs was finally shutdown, this has put an end to several tools that people … Continue reading

Posted in Development, M3CE | 1 Comment

The Case of ___ERROR___ in your Configurable XML Output Field (in MWS435PF)

Recently I was involved with a project where the customer was having some issues where they had added some fields to MWS435PF. They added OACUOR from the OOHEAD table and whenever they ran the report they would get a message … Continue reading

Posted in FollowTheBreadCrumbs, TheCaseOf, Troubleshooting | Leave a comment

The Case of – the Long Processing Enterprise Collaborator Map

When I was young I started playing around with 68000 assembly, I was absolutely obsessed with squeezing every last byte out of my code and optimising it as much as I could, spending hours to get that extra few bytes … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | 2 Comments

XtendM3

Over the last few weeks I’ve been working on refactoring some extensions. A couple of these have been XtendM3 extensions and I thought I’d share some of my experiences. For those of you that haven’t come across XtendM3 before, it … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged | 1 Comment

Testing APIs with Postman

Back in the old days I’d use SoapUI extensively for testing soap based connections. With M3CE we now work leverage the ION APIs which are REST based so nowadays I use Postman for my testing. As I tend to work … Continue reading

Posted in IONAPI, M3CE, Misc | 4 Comments

The Case of not being able to access M3

On one of my first M3CE projects (and not the only project I’ve encountered this on) I had a customer email me that they couldn’t access M3 within their tenant anymore, they would just get an error and infact, all … Continue reading

Posted in M3CE, TheCaseOf, Troubleshooting | Leave a comment